13 – 17 January 2020
European Commission @EU_Commission
- News: First-stage consultation of social partners on Fair Minimum Wages in the EU
The European Commission is holding a first phase consultation of Social Partners under Article 154 TFEU on a possible action addressing the challenges related to fair minimum wages.
- News: A Strong Social Europe for Just Transitions
The European Commission presented a communication that prepares the way for an Action Plan to implement the European Pillar of Social Rights.
- News: Have your say on reinforcing Social Europe
The European Commission invites all stakeholders to present their views on the Action Plan to implement the European Pillar of Social Rights. Everyone is invited to submit their contribution here.
Directorate-General: Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion @EU_Social
- News: Updated MISSOC information on national social protection systems now available. Updated information on social protection systems in all EU Member States, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland- including brief descriptions of their organisation and information on the social protection of the self-employed- is now available.
- News: Social inclusion: recent policy developments in Croatia, North Macedonia, Slovenia and Turkey. The European Commission’s European Social Policy Network has published four new Flash reports which provide information on recent social policy developments in Croatia, North Macedonia, Slovenia and Turkey.
- News: December 2019 developments in child and family policy in EU Member States
The European Commission’s Platform for Investing in Children published a round-up of the latest developments in child and family policy in EU Member States in December 2019.
European Parliament @Europarl_EN -Committee: Employment and Social Affairs
• News: European Semester: Employment and Social Aspects in the Annual Growth Survey 2020. During the EMPL Committee meeting on 22 January 2020, the EMPL Members will have an exchange of views on the draft report on European Semester for economic policy coordination: Employment and Social Aspects in the Annual Growth Survey 2020.
• News: Presentation of the Croatian Presidency’s programme in the field of employment. On 22 January during the EMPL Committee meeting, Ministers Josip Aladrović (Croatian Minister of Labour and Pension System) and Vesna Bedeković (Croatian Minister of Demographics, Family, Youth and Social Policy) will present the priorities and programme of the Croatian Presidency in the field of employment and social policy.
European Social Fund @EU_Social
- News: Financial Instruments Under the European Social Fund
Fi Compass is a platform that is provided by the European Commission for advisory services on financial instruments. On the Fi Compass website, there is a selection of useful videos on financial instruments.
- News: European Youth Event (EYE2020): Registration is Now Open!
The European Youth Event runs every two years, bringing together young people across the EU and beyond, to share their ideas of how to shape the future of Europe. This year will be the fourth event, taking place at the European Parliament’s seat in Strasbourg on the 29th- 30th May 2020.
On the side
- News: Adapting labour markets to Europe’s green economy
Climate change has provoked an unprecedented response from the international community in recent years. However, as industry becomes greener, the working lives of Europeans will change, writes Nicolas Schmit.
- News: European Youth Guarantee needs to address labour market changes, experts warn
As the new European Commission vows to reform the European Youth Guarantee to tackle youth unemployment in the EU, EURACTIV looked at how the future initiative should look like according to the experts.
News: Nicolas Schmit: ‘The first dignity of work is to pay people a fair wage’
Nicolas Schmit will have a busy 2020. The EU Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights outlined on Tuesday (14 January) a comprehensive agenda to beef up the EU’s social policies. He discussed the details in an interview with EURACTIV.